The December 2015 murder case, involving Connie Dabate, has finally got a definite conclusion. Connie, a mother of two, was found dead in her Ellington home. The Connecticut police were investigating the murder since 2015 but were unable to give a legitimate answer to her family and friends.

The Connecticut police have finally unraveled the mystery surrounding the Connie Dabate murder case. According to them, the murderer is none other than Richard Dabate, Connie’s husband. The police arrested the 40-year-old on Friday, April 21.

The police got a break when they located Connie’s missing FitBit.

The Fitbit records did not match Richard’s earlier statement, which finally led to his arrest. He was charged with tampering evidence, providing a false statement to the police, and murder.

Richard Dabate’s version

According to Richard, he left home for work at around 8.30 am on that day. He stated that Connie was still present at home and was getting ready for her fitness classes. Dabate said that he returned home again to take his laptop at around 9.00 a.m. During the same time, he received a text message alerting him about the house alarm getting activated.

The story after that went that a masked man about 6 feet 2 inches tall intruded his house and started torturing him. The intruder, according to Richard, stabbed him with a boxcutter and also assaulted him with a blowtorch.

As soon as he heard his wife return home, he shouted out loud, signaling her to run away.

The intruder followed Connie down to the basement, and as Richard tried to follow, he fell the stairs. Next, he heard a gunshot after which he could not hear Connie’s voice. According to the husband, he and the intruder ended up in a nasty fight, during which the former injured the suspect’s face with a blowtorch post which the latter fled.

Evidence obtained from Connie’s FitBit

The evidence obtained from Connie’s Fitbit, the couple’s cell phones, computer as well as house alarm, points to a different scenario. According to the records from these devices, Dabate had logged into a computer inside the home at 9.01 a.m. and 9.04 a.m. He emailed his supervisor at work that he had to return home urgently due to his alarm being triggered.

According to Connie’s Fitbit, she moved inside the house even at 9.23 a.m. and was actively present on Facebook from 9.40 a.m. to 9.46 a.m. She was found sharing and uploading videos on her account. This pointed to the husband lying to the investigators which led to his arrest. During the investigation, Richard also admitted being involved in an extramarital affair, which resulted in pregnancy. He is expected to file for a plea on April 27.