Britney Spears has canceled everything to rush to New Orleans to be with her niece, maddie, who remains in critical condition following an off-road vehicle accident at her home on Sunday.

Spears family continue holding a bedside vigil for Jamie Lynn's daughter, Maddie

As previously reported, Jamie Lynn Spears' 8-year-old daughter Maddie is reportedly fighting for her life following a horrific ATV accident. New details have been released by the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Office. Official reports state that Maddie was driving the ATV when she suddenly veered off course and into a pond.

The eight-year-old was submerged in water as terrified mom Jamie Lynn, (25), and stepdad, Jamie Watson (34) attempted to free her.

Britney Spears joins family in New Orleans hospital

Medical personnel, with the help of authorities on scene, freed the young girl, who was then airlifted to a New Orleans hospital. Reports also reveal that Maddie was under water and unconscious for several minutes before the rescue team was able to free her from the ATV. The spears family have revealed very few details about the accident, only that at this time, Maddie is listed as stable but in critical condition. The family has also asked that their privacy be respected at this time. Big sister Britney Spears has since flown off to be with her family during this horrific ordeal.

"Britney has canceled all rehearsals until further notice," said a source close to the 36-year-old, referring to her "Piece of Me" residency in Las Vegas. (The performances resume on March 24.) "She said she had to attend a family emergency."

Close family friend William Parsons reportedly told Radar Online that they are all praying for Maddie, but at this time it's "hard to say if she is going to be okay at this stage."

Britney also reached out to her fans on Instagram asking for "wishes and prayers" to be sent out to her niece.

As if one tragedy is not enough for the Spears family to endure at this time, Mother Nature had other plans. A deadly storm barreled its way through the east side of New Orleans, producing a massive tornado, and leaving behind damage to homes and businesses, as well as leaving thousands without power.