A Man from Port Myers, Florida was sentenced to 40 Years in federal prison after acquiring pornographic images of a nine-year-old missing girl. The images were found on his phone and the girl has not been found after she disappeared last year.

According to CBS News, the man was identified as 29-year-old Jorge Guerrero-Torres. He was convicted last May for the production and possession of child pornography.

Guerrero-Torres has not been charged in the disappearance of the girl as the investigation on the matter is still active.

Mother of missing girl begs convict to tell them where their daughter is

The mother of the girl, Rita Hernandez, pleaded with Guerrero-Torres during the sentencing to tell them where their daughter is. Guerrero-Torres has never provided information about the whereabouts of the girl or if he had anything to do with his disappearance. He only told the people present at the sentencing that he is sorry and he apologizes to them.

The attorney for Hernandez, Thomas Busatta, said that although Guerrero-Torres has not been charged yet in the disappearance of the nine-year-old, it is not yet the end of the case since the state investigation remains active. Hernandez also said in another statement that the fight is not over until she gets her daughter back, Crime Online shared.

Girl’s family thinks she was trafficked or killed

According to People magazine, the family of the girl who went missing last year believes she might have been trafficked. Authorities also said that they believe Guerrero-Torres maintained a Sexual Relationship with the girl. At the time the nine-year-old girl, identified as Diana Alvarez, disappeared, Guerrero-Torres was living at the same house where the girl lived.

He lived at the family’s mobile home from September 2015 to May 2016 but kicked him out after they suspected he had an inappropriate relationship with the girl.

Accordingly, Guerrero-Torres made inappropriate comments like Alvarez was growing into a beautiful woman. He already fled when police were called to check on him. They tracked Guerrero-Torres’ phone and located it in the Daytona each area.

They saw a man who was not the then-suspect and the man claimed he found the phone in Orlando. Police seized the phone and found eight pornographic images of the nine-year-old.

Eventually, Guerrero-Torres was located by authorities and when he was questioned, he admitted to having a sexual relationship with the girl and he took photos of her. The convict claimed he had intercourse with the girl at least once a week and it happened the entire time he lived with the girl and her family.

The family of Alvarez now believes she is either dead or was trafficked to be part of an international sex ring.