It looks like the much-awaited Bad Boys 3 or also known as “Bad Boys for Life” will never happen anytime soon, or never at all. It was in 2014 when the film was said to be in the making but three years after, the production didn’t take place yet.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, one of the movie franchise’s lead stars Martin Lawrence, who plays the role of Marcus Burnett, revealed that the film has a high possibility to be canceled. The probable cancellation has a lot of factors and this includes will smith, who portrays as Detective Mike Lowrey, busy schedule.

Will the film still push through?

“Bad Boys 3” first lost its director, who is said to be Joe Carnahan, because of conflicts on schedules, then its release date has been moved back for a number of times until it is no longer on the list of Sony’s upcoming movies.

Now, with Will Smith’s busy schedule, it looks like Martin Lawrence himself is now questioning their third movie’s future.

With what’s happening, the 52-year-old star believes that it is not far that the franchise’s new installment will never happen. “Will is off doing another movie, and I don’t think it’s going to happen,” he told EW.

In 2016, Will Smith told EW that the coming of the buddy cop action comedy film was “very, very, very close.”

But after a year, it looks like it is not the case. In spite of that, Martin Lawrence will just be patiently waiting and will be readily available if the movie’s production will push through. He also explained that he doesn’t have control of making the film, thus if others still want to do it, it would be the studio’s decision.

Things went down the hill

Moreover, Martin Lawrence had confirmed “Bad Boys 3” pre-production stage in 2014.

Although it had a slow development, it had been said that it was supposed to be directed by Joe Carnahan.

Things seemed to be official when Will Smith confirmed that he and Lawrence were going to reprise their roles as the buddy cops.

It was given a new title, “Bad Boys for Life,” and said to be released in February 2017. The aforementioned date had passed, and no Smith and Lawrence were seen on the big screen. A fourth film was even said to be coming in July 2019 but after that, things just got pretty bad. Its release date was often pushed back from June 2, 2017, to January 12, 2018, to November 9, 2018.

Sadly, the film was now removed to Sony’s upcoming 2018 films. The entertainment company has yet to comment on the issue.