Two Young Girls are dead and their mother is injured after a 17-year-old teenager, under the influence of an opiate drug, drove at around 107 miles per hour down the road and crashed through the wall of their home.

Honda Accord crashes through the living room wall

According to a report by Fox 59, it happened shortly before 9:30 p.m. on July 12. Callie Fullerton, 8, and Haleigh Fullerton, 17, were watching television with their mother in the living room of their home when Alia Sierra, 17, crashed a car at high speed through the wall. The two girls were instantly killed, while their mother, who was walking into the living room at the time of the crash, was injured.

The mother was evacuated by helicopter to a hospital in Indianapolis where she is expected to make a full recovery.

According to police, Sierra was driving a 2007 Honda Accord at a speed of around 107 mph when she crashed through the wall of the Clinton County home. Police conducted a urine screen after the crash which reportedly confirmed that Sierra was under the influence of opiate drugs at the time of the incident.

Passengers in the vehicle asked the driver to slow down

As reported by the New York Daily News, court documents have revealed Sierra was accompanied by two passengers at the time of the incident.

One passenger had reportedly asked her several times to slow down, while another passenger had asked to be let out of the vehicle on multiple occasions. The latter passenger told police Sierra had referred to her car as “the beast” and kept talking about how fast it could travel. It was reportedly as Sierra hit a bump that she went off the road, swerving to avoid a tree and crashing into the Fullerton’s home.

Teen to be tried as an adult

Court documents obtained by Fox 59 show that Sierra will face trial as an adult. The teenager is facing a variety of charges including reckless homicide, operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and more.

Steven Knecht, the lawyer acting for Sierra, said he was surprised she was being charged as an adult and was trying to get the case moved back to juvenile court.

However the Clinton Country Prosecutor’s office says with the evidence they have relating to the incident, that is unlikely to happen.

Christine Smith, the Clinton County Chief Deputy Prosecutor, said that people do everything they can to keep their children safe. She said when your child is at home in the living room, you know where they are, but then in a couple of seconds, they are gone. Smith added that in this case there is nothing that can be done to bring that back to the parents.