Anthony Scaramucci has reportedly been chosen by the President Donald Trump to be the next White House communications director after the post was vacated by Mike Dubke in May. NBC News reports multiple sources have confirmed that the former Fox News contributor is expected to take the job within the week.

Trump reportedly taps entrepreneur as new communications director

Anthony Scaramucci reportedly had a meeting with Donald and Ivanka Trump at the White House on Thursday, where he was offered the communications director position, according to a report from Axios. The publication added that the POTUS admires the entrepreneur whom he has known for years now.

"Comm is what Anthony does. It's how he built his business. The guy knows media. He's been a good advocate for the president," the source told the publication. Another White House official said the 53-year-old political figure is a "total professional" who has high regard of the U.S. president.

These unconfirmed reports came after Sean Spicer was rumored to take over the vacated position. After Mike Dubke stepped down as White House communications director, the press secretary has barely beenseen giving his regular press briefing behind the podium.

White House shake-up

Taking over his place was Sarah Huckabee Sanders who confirmed that Sean Spicer had been doing some extra work since Mike Dubke resigned in the wake of White House shake-up. His absence behind the podium has caused the public to speculate whether Sean Spicer was promoted as the new communications director.

Top Videos of the Day

Sanders, on the other hand, said that she is not interested to take over Sean Spicer's job as press secretary. She also emphasized that it is her duty to fill in for her senior's absence.

The rumors broke out when the Donald Trump expressed his intent for a reorganization within the office, particularly in the communications team. The administration, however, denied that they have chosen a potential candidate to take over Mike Dubke's vacated seat.

Meanwhile, Anthony Scaramucci was recently mired in a huge controversy when a CNN report accused him of having a link to a Russian investment fund. The financier immediately denied the report, while the three investigative journalists resigned from their jobs after the story came out.

The network also took down the news article and acknowledged that the "story did not meet CNN’s editorial standards." It also assured that links to the story have been disabled and apologized to Anthony Scaramucci.