The police investigating the attack in Manchester have stopped sharing information with the US after the data leak, the BBC reports. British officials were upset when they saw the photos they sent to the United States in the New York Times.

May will talk to Trump about this problem

Theresa May should discuss this problem with Donald Trump at the NATO summit. Police in Manchester are hoping that they will soon establish normal intelligence links, where information is flowing in both directions, but as the BBC has learned, Manchester police are currently angry about data leakage.

The British are irritated by the fact that the United States has disclosed the identity of a terrorist who made an attack on Manchester, since the British did not want to. They warned Washington that something like this should not be repeated again, and after that the New York Times accident scene photos appeared. These were photographs of bloody debris and backpacks in which the attacker had brought a bomb in the arena, and the intelligence and police services angrily and quickly replied.

The secrecy of attacker's identity is important for the investigation

Anti-terrorist detectives said it was very important that the name of the attacker did not reach the media, especially in the first 36 hours of the attack, because it would have given them the opportunity to investigate and arrest his possible assistants.

If the name of the perpetrator had not been published, the helper would not have known the police were looking for them, which would have increased the chances of arrest.

The United States has not affirmed the Islamic State's association with a suicide attack in which at least 22 people were killed at the Manchester concert hall, although ISIS Islamic militants took over responsibility for the attack, the US intelligence chief said on Tuesday.

"I would mention that ISIS assumed responsibility for the attack in Manchester, but they assume the responsibility for virtually every attack. We have not yet established the link," said Dan Coats, the United States intelligence community chief, at a hearing at the Senate Armed Forces Committee.

On Tuesday the Islamic State's terrorist organization took responsibility for the attack on Manchester Arena that took place on Monday night.

In a statement issued by IS through one of its communication channels on social networks, it is said that "caliphate soldiers set a bomb among the crowd" during the concert. Jihadists also threatened with new attacks. At least 22 people were killed in the attack, former police chief Ian Hopkins said. The attacker, who worked alone and was also killed in the attack, activated the self-made bomb at the foyer at around 10:30 p.m., just after the end of the concert of American singer Ariana Grande. "We consider this to be a terrorist attack, and at this stage of the investigation, we believe the attacker was alone. It is now our priority to determine whether it was part of a network," Hopkins said.