Thousands of Arianators came to witness Ariana Grande's "Dangerous Woman" concert at the Manchester Arena in the United Kingdom on Monday, May 22. While the concertgoers were relishing the magical moment of seeing their idol, a loud bang suddenly shook the venue and caused a mayhem among the fans.

'Terrorist incident'

Initial statement from the Greater Manchester Police stated they are considering the explosion a "terrorist incident" until further investigations prove otherwise. The authorities also revealed that the blast was first reported at around 10:35 p.m.

of Monday night.

"So far 19 people have been confirmed dead, with around 50 others injured," the police wrote. "This is currently being treated as a Terrorist Incident until police know otherwise."

The authorities also asked the public to evacuate the place while the responding teams are conducting their investigations of the incident. They also performed a controlled explosion on a suspected device in Cathedral gardens after the incident at Ariana Grande's show.

Concert turns horror

An affiliate of Manchester Arena said the explosion took place outside as people were leaving the venue after Ariana Grande's concert.

A representative from the singer's party, on the other hand, assured the "Tattooed Heart" singer is physically "okay" after the unfortunate incident.

They added that their team is also investigating the occurrence which resulted to bloodshed.

Witnesses suggested the attacker used a nail bomb to increase the destructive intensity of the explosive device. Apparently, Manchester Arena is the largest indoor stadium in the UK which can hold 18,000 to 21,000 people.

Although the number of concertgoers is still unconfirmed at the moment of writing, reports stated most of them were teenage fans of the American singer.

It was also revealed that the Monday concert was Ariana Grande's first of her three shows in the UK.

'It was really a big explosion'

A witness said he heard a big explosion before the venue turned into a total chaos. "Everybody started screaming and running. There were people on the floor. There was a lot of confusion," the witness added.

A concertgoer said they initially thought the loud noise was caused by a speaker that had blown. They later confirmed that something was serious after seeing people crying and screaming while trying to get out from the Manchester Arena.