Ever since the day Donald Trump announced his campaign for president, he's had issues dealing with the media and the press. As Trump prepares to head into the White House in less than a week, he could be making drastic changes when it comes with dealing with reporters.

Trump and the press

When Donald Trump referred to illegal immigrants from Mexico as "rapists" and "murderers," the media quickly criticized him over his controversial remarks. In the months that would follow, the press continued to hammer the billionaire real estate mogul on a variety of issues.

Due to this, Trump created an anti-press agenda around his campaign, often calling journalists "terrible" and the most "dishonest" people he's ever seen. The anger around the news media increased, with many Trump supporters refusing to believe anything the press reported, regardless of the evidence to backup their claims. As reported by The Hill on January 15, Trump is exploring taking his hatred for the press to the next level.

While speaking to Esquire, incoming White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said that "no decision" had been reached, but that "there has been some discussion" about removing the press corps from the actual White House.

The Trump Transition team have discussed relocating the press corps to the White House Conference Center, which is located next door.

According to Sean Spicer, the reason the transition team is giving for the possible move is that they believe there will just be too many reporters looking to cover Donald Trump.

Discuss this news on Eunomia

"Is a room that has 49 seats adequate?" Spicer asked, before adding, "We had that press conference the other day, we had thousands of requests.

Press problems

Another senior advisor spoke to Esquire, and didn't hold his views on the press, referring to them as "the opposition party." "I want 'em out of the building," the offical said, while stating, "We are taking back the press room." During last week's press conference, Donald Trump openly clashed with CNN's Jim Acosta, refusing to allow him to ask a question, while calling the network "fake news." The former host of "The Apprentice" will be sworn into office on Friday on Inauguration Day, and only time will tell how he handles the media and press moving forward.