Host Chris Harrison spoke out on Tuesday in an effort to stop rumors from continuing about the “Bachelor in Paradisescandal. What he said might have been too little too late, because people have been talking for several days since the cast was sent home from Sayulita, Mexico. He did not say if filming of the fourth season of ABC's "Bachelor in Paradise" will resume. If the scandal had not taken place, the fourth season was scheduled to air in August.

What Harrison told Extra

Harrison related to Extra that out of respect for those involved in the scandal, he could not say much at this time. He added that he doesn't usually respond to situations like this until after a resolution has been reached. However, he is speaking out in this case because of the misinformation and rumors that are being spread. Harrison hoped to calm Bachelor Nation down by giving them reliable information that he knows.

What was learned from Harrison's statement is that a thorough investigation is ongoing, and officials hope to resolve the issue quickly.

Harrison, who has been the only host of the "Bachelor" franchise for 15 years, said that the safety and care of every cast and crew member is a priority. That's why the executives decided to suspend filming of the show. Chris acknowledged the disappointment over this unfortunate situation, but he encouraged fans to be patient while waiting to see what will happen.

Privacy requested

In the meantime, Harrison asked the public to respect the privacy of those involved in the scandal. He promised to keep viewers updated on the status of the investigation and the future of the fourth season of "Bachelor in Paradise." Some of the cast members are tweeting their thoughts about the future of the show. One person tweeted, "RIP, Paradise."

Another contestant who wants to remain nameless said that the cast members had not been in Mexico for a whole week and the game hadn't even started when the scandal took place.

Everything just stopped and they were told to stay in a certain part of the resort after filming was suspended. They waited in limbo until they were told to go home. The person who didn't want to be named also indicated that Corinne Olympios, 25, and DeMario Jackson, 30, are at the center of the scandal because they allegedly engaged in sexual acts while naked in the pool after they had been drinking heavily.

They were sent home before the rest of the cast.

Don't miss our page on Facebook!
Click to read more