Las Vegas Police wants to stress that terrorism was not involved in the fatal shooting incident on Saturday. Two Security Guards were investigating a disturbance in one of the hotel’s rooms when the suspect fatally shot them, before shooting himself in the head. The suspected shooter is critically injured and not expected to survive.

Las Vegas sees shooting incident one day prior to New Year’s Eve

According to Captain Robert Plummer of the Las Vegas Police, the shooting was an isolated incident and the shooter’s motive is currently unknown. Plummer told reporters after the shooting that he wanted them to know this was not related to terrorism.

The incident happened at Arizona Charlie’s Hotel-Casino shortly before 7 a.m. on Saturday. The hotel is in an area west of the Strip. Police named the suspect as Christopher Olague, 29, and said he fled the hotel following the shooting and ran into a neighborhood close by. Olague then attempted to enter two separate homes, but in both cases, the owners were able to stop him from entering.

Olague was eventually found in the laundry room of one of the homes, which was accessible via a garage.

Lt. Dan McGrath of the Las Vegas Police said Olague appeared to have turned the gun on himself, suffering a head wound. KHOU reports that emergency medical responders rushed the suspect to a nearby hospital, but he is not likely to survive.

Suspect attempted to steal a vehicle

Police believe the suspect intended to steal a car from the first home and had also attempted to steal a vehicle on the street close by.

So far police have not released the identities of the two security guards killed in the incident, but did say they were a man and woman and both are in their 40s. One of the security guards was reportedly armed.

The Clark County Coroner’s Office will later release the victims’ identities and causes of death. According to McGrath, the circumstances surrounding the incident in the hotel room are still unclear.

ABC News tried to contact the hotel’s office, but they did not immediately respond.

The fatal shooting happened just a day prior to the New Year’s Eve celebrations in Las Vegas, where law enforcement officials expected to see tens of thousands of revelers celebrating on the Strip. It was recently reported that security measures were in place for the event, with snipers and National Guard on duty and several road closures.

The incident also follows the deadly shooting massacre of October 1, where a gambler shot and killed 58, injuring around 500 more, from the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, while they were attending a county music festival.