Australian tennis player Nick Kyrgios sensed that a bad campaign at Wimbledon could be the case. The number 20 seed has been carrying a hip injury the whole season, and it didn't look particularly well before the tournament.

Kyrgios exited The Championships after being prevented by the hip to finish his first-round match for the second straight game. France's Pierre-Hugues Herbert had a commanding 2-0 set lead when the 20th seed said he couldn't play anymore.

The hip has been giving Kyrgios troubles the whole season as it hasn't fully healed yet. The Australian slipped on the grass of Queen's in round one at the Aegon Championships two weeks ago, reinjuring the troubled part of the body.

''I mean, I kind of knew I was in trouble,'' Kyrgios said post-game. He then added that he has been ''feeling my hip ever since I feel over at Queen's,'' and that it didn't have time to heal though he ''was doing everything I could to help it.''

The Australian's previous results at Wimbledon include a quarter-final showing in 2014 and back-to-back round-of-16 achievements in 2015 and 2016.

Takes nothing from Herbert

Nick Kyrgios insisted post-game that Pierre-Hugues Herbert shouldn't be taken for granted on the fastest tennis surface.

Herbert, a 6ft 2in tall player, possess a good serve and has good volleying skills. The 27-year-old's opponents could potentially have a tough time while they have to deal with the French's game-style on grass.

Herbert doesn't have any notable grass-court achievements in singles but won the Queen's and Wimbledon men's doubles title last year alongside fellow countryman Nicolas Mahut.

Top Videos of the Day

''You know, nothing takes away from him,'' Kyrgios said of Herbert. ''He plays great grass-court tennis. He serves well. So he's going to do well.''

The confidence

Injured Nick Kyrgios believes he could have reached round two at Wimbledon had he been playing against a less-quality player on Monday,

The Australian wasn't lucky enough to get drawn to clash off against a qualifier of a wildcard in the first-round.

''I thought I could win. Obviously not against him, but some opponents if I played them today, I probably still could have won.''

Kyrgios, 22, beat current world number 115 Gastao Elias in a dominant way in his opening match at this past Australian Open. The 22-year-old then shockingly fell to Italy's Andreas Seppi in the following round. Kyrgios confessed after the loss that he wasn't at his best health-wise as he was ''sore and hurting.''