Portland Timbers used two goals from Fenando Adi to ease past FC Dallas last Saturday. Portland dominated most in the first-half, controlling ball possessions and attempts in front of goal. FC Dallas looked like a team trying to find its “rhythm" with varying results. Elsewhere, in the league, Chicago Fire used goals in each half to outplay Atlanta United 2-0 and ultimately extended their unbeaten run to seven games. Here's a quick summary of the two last weekend's MLS matches and how they actually went down.

Portland Timbers 2, FC Dallas 0

Portland Timbers opened up scoring in the thirty-second minute.

Carlos Gruezo stripped the ball from playmaker Diego Valeri and attempted to spring up counterattack. Carlos Gruezo's through ball attempt was obstructed by Amobi Okugo, who played towards the path of Diego Valeri. The striker tapped the ball through to Fenando Adi. The Portland Timbers marksman held-off a challenge from Dallas defender Hernan Grana and calmly placed home the ball into the net to put the hosts ahead. The hosts suffered set backs at the end of the first-half and the early minutes of the second-half.

Both Roy Miller and Liam Ridgewell left the game early due to injury. Ben Zemanski and Amobi Okugo apparently did well to fill in. Later in the seventy-second minute, Portland Timbers sealed the game with Fenando Adi's brace.

Midfielder Diego Chara brilliant dummies Darion Asprilla's pull out, to fall right in front of Fenando Adi. The forward wasted no time to slot the ball into the net, making the scoreline 2-0 at full-time.

Chicago Fire 2, Atlanta United 0

The both teams apparently had early minutes chances to take the lead. Atlanta midfielder Yamil Asad saw his header saved for the visitors, while Matt Pollster saw his tenth minute header saved for the hosts.

However, Chicago Fire broke the deadlock in the twenty-ninth minute. Luis Solignac right footed volley inside the penalty area beat Atlanta goalkeeper Alec Mann to give the hosts a 1-0 first half lead. It was the Argentine third-goal of the year, and his first since 14th May. Afterwards, Greg Garza had the visiting Atlanta United's other good effort in the opening forty-five minutes, but Chicago goalie Matt Lampson was apparently up to the task.

Later in the sixty-ninth minute, Nemanja Nikolic doubled the lead for the hosts. The game got flipped when United defender Tyrone Mears was whistled for a hand ball inside the penalty box. The Hungarian striker stepped up and converted the penalty kick to seal the victory for Chicago Fire. It was Nikolic's twelfth goal of the season and his 4th through five games.