Since last year, talks about the Mayweather-McGregor Superfight have been endemic. The two sports superstars have been hurling insults at each other non-stop. Other than that, nothing important has materialized towards making the superfight a reality; however, recently, things are turning out to be interesting.

Floyd’s loud announcement

On March 11, Floyd Mayweather announced that he would officially come out of his retirement just to get a fight with UFC’s Notorious MMA, Connor McGregor. The boxing champion said this during a public appearance in Liverpool England, where he is making a temporary stop for the latest leg of his Undefeated Tour.

Doing his usual stint on a series of lectures and taunts, it appears that the boxer is certain the super fight would really take place if only the UFC champion would be brave enough to fight him. Aside from that, the undefeated boxer went on without even taking into consideration the fact that the Notorious MMA fighter is still under contract with the UFC.

Floyd Mayweather, now 40 years old, announced his retirement in September 2015 holds a 49-0 record.

His last fight was against the pound-for-pound king and the People’s Champ Manny Pacquiao. It was a remarkable fight where the whole world got to see how he won by running away from the fearless Filipino fighter.

McGregor's all set

For his part, the two-division champion has already secured a boxing license from the California State Athletic Commission. The license will permit him to do boxing in the said state.

This is probably in preparation for his upcoming fight with Money.

In addition, he has also applied for a similar license in Las Vegas. The UFC fighter has taken off a vacation after his eventful win against Alvarez where he managed to get his second title belt. He is also an expectant father of his first child who is anticipated to be born in May.

Superfight happening soon?

For now, it is clear that the fight will not happen unless McGregor compromises on several matters.

Most likely, it would include Mayweather getting the bigger part of the pie among others. Recently, UFC President Dana White publicly offered both sports superstars $25 million for the fight to happen but now has doubts that the fight will ever take place.

Don't miss our page on Facebook!
Click to read more