A female stunt died on the set of "Deadpool 2" in Vancouver after she reportedly lost control of her motorcycle and crashed into a building on Monday morning. According to BBC, several witnesses stated that the stuntwoman was unresponsive after she plowed into a Starbucks store while filming a motorcycle scene.

A local media outlet confirmed that the woman, whose name has been withheld, had successfully mastered the stunt before the actual filming. It added that an Advanced life support ambulance quickly responded and remained on the area for about 45 minutes before they left the scene without activating its siren.

Reports further revealed that the female stunt was filming a scene for Zazie Beetz's character Domino when the accident took place. Authorities said that workplace safety officials are currently investigating the on-set tragedy.

Actor mourns death of female stunt

Meanwhile, Ryan Reynolds, who plays the titular role, released a statement to express his grief over the death of the "Deadpool 2" stuntwoman. "We're heartbroken, shocked, and devastated but recognize that nothing can come close to the grief and inexplicable pain her family and loved ones must feel in this moment," he wrote.

The 40-year-old actor also extended his condolences to those who had been inspired by the stuntwoman.

A network representative also expressed its condolences on behalf of FOX in a statement released shortly after the tragic accident.

"Our hearts and prayers are with the family, friends, and colleagues of our crew member during this difficult time," it said.

On-set accidents that led to deaths

In July, a stuntman also died after he suffered an accident on "The Walking Dead" set.

Reports stated that the male stunt, whose name was John Benecker, fell roughly 20 feet off a balcony and banged his head on the concrete floor.

He was immediately transported to a hospital in Atlanta where he was placed on life support. The AMC program also announced that they will temporarily stop the production of the eighth season following the on-set accident.

John Benecker's family then decided to remove him from life support and made him an organ donor for non-profit organization LifeLink Foundation.

Screen Actors Guild and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA) held their own investigation of the incident to find out what really happened during the incident. The organization also reiterated that their top priority will always be to secure the safety of their members.