Reporting today by ABC and CNN states that more remains of Sgt. La David Johnson have been found in Niger near the site of the October 4 ambush. This is where Johnson was killed, along with Staff Sgt. Bryan Black, Staff Sgt. Jeremiah Johnson, and Staff Sgt. Dustin Write. Dana W. White, the chief spokesperson for the Department of Defense released a statement confirming these reports, stating, "The medical examiner has positively identified these remains as those of Sargent Johnson. The department continues to conduct a detailed and thorough investigation into the deaths." The Department of Defense told CNN that once their investigation is complete they will brief the families of the fallen soldiers.

However, this latest reporting has many questioning what really took place during the ambush in Niger.

Widow of La David asked to see his body

On October 17, Johnson's widow met his casket at an airport in Miami. She told "Good Morning America" that she asked to see his body, but was met with refusal and was given the excuse, "He's in a severe wrap." Meaning that even if they opened the casket, his body would not be visible for her to see. "They won't show me a finger, a hand. I know my husband's body from head to toe, and they won't let me see anything." She told ABC in the interview. The pregnant widow wanted to see his body to find some type of closure but instead received none. She went further in the interview, noting, "I don't know what's in the box.

It could be empty for all I know, but I need to see my husband. I haven't seen him since he came home." Officials are reporting to ABC and CNN that Myeisha Johnson has been informed of the discovery of additional remains.

So, what really happened in Niger?

When news broke that four soldiers were ambushed and killed in Niger, many Americans, including those in Congress, were surprised.

The fact that Americans had been deployed to Niger was not known to many. The ambush was compared to Benghazi and Congress treated it similarly and held open hearings over the matter. US officials and a Nigerian soldier told CNN, "The Green Beret-led team was traveling with 30 Nigerian soldiers when they were attacked by approximately 50 ISIS-affiliated fighters armed with rocket-propelled grenades, mortars, and heavy machine guns." CNN reported Johnson had been missing two days following the attack before military personnel found his remains. The Department of Defense told CNN that they are investigating what took place on October 4 and a full report on their investigation should be available in January.