The manhunt for the shooter who killed three of his co-workers and injured three others in Maryland and Delaware has finally been arrested according to authorities, and NBC News reports.

The hunt which took authorities through two States began in Maryland on Wednesday morning and ended in Delaware on the evening of the same day.

Maryland's Harford County Sherriff's Office announced the arrest via its Twitter handle at around 7.24 PM ET. The post said 37-year old Radee Labee Prince was arrested by a combined force that consisted of the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives in conjunction with other law enforcement agencies.

The shooting incidents

Prince began his fatal shooting spree at his workplace, where he shot dead three of his colleagues and wounded two others. Police said Prince walked into his place of work, at around 8.30 AM, like he usually did every morning, for the past four months. But he had no intention of beginning his shift on this morning.

Instead, Prince was armed with a handgun, and opened fire on his unsuspecting co-workers ending three of their lives and critically wounding two others.

Prince then drove 55 miles to a used car dealership in Wilmington, Delaware where he shot and critically wounded another man, known to him at around 10.45 am, according to Bob Tracy, the City's Police Chief.

Police ruled out a terrorist attack saying all indications pointed to a targetted and pre-meditated attack.

No stranger to run-ins with the law

In his hometown of Delaware, Prince has been arrested a total of 42 times, most of which have been for parole violations. He has also been convicted of 15 felony charges.

Harford County Sherriff Jeffrey Gahler said Prince also had a criminal record in Maryland. In December of 2003, Prince was charged with five counts of third-degree burglary, to which he pleaded guilty.

He was sentenced to 25 years, which was suspended after two years, and was ordered to pay $34,500 in compensation FOR the burglary losses.

In 2015, Prince had another run-in with the law in Cecil County, Maryland where he was charged with being in possession of a handgun, yet he was a felon, and for having a handgun in his car.

Both charges were later dropped.

Early this year, a co-worker in Harford County applied for a restraining order against Prince. A judge denied the request.

The two co-workers who were injured in the shooting, and whose names have not been released, are currently admitted at the University of Maryland Medical Center's, Shock and Trauma Unit. The Center said they were in critical condition, NBC News reported.