Just hours after the news broke of Eric Bolling’s suspension from his employment at Fox News over allegations he sexually-harassed colleagues, his 19-year-old son Eric Chase Bolling was found dead. Bolling’s son was found dead in Boulder, Colorado on Friday night, where he was studying economics at the University of Colorado Boulder. Police are currently investigating his death.

The Fox News Channel had only shortly before making the announcement that it was canceling “The Specialists,” adding that Fox and Bolling had agreed to amicably part ways. Fox thanked the former employee for his 10 years of service with the channel and had wished him luck.

The anchor had co-hosted “Fox News [VIDEO] Specialists” and “The Five,” and had also been the anchor for “Cashin’ In.”

Fox News expresses condolences

After news broke of the death of Bolling’s son, Fox News released a statement expressing their sadness over his loss. Fox described Eric Chase to People as being a “wonderful young man,” saying their thoughts and prayers were with the whole family. Sean Hannity and other TV commentators on Fox News, as well as Donald Trump, Jr. and Kellyanne Conway also expressed condolences via social media.

Eric Bolling denies suicide claims

Deadline reports that various media reports had pointed to Bolling’s 19-year-old son as committing suicide.

Top Videos of the Day

Other reports doing the rounds have suggested the teenager had overdosed.

However, Bolling said in a message on Twitter that authorities say there was no sign of self-harm at this stage and announced an autopsy will be held next week, asking people to respect the family’s grieving period.

Bolling had earlier sent a tweet to say he and his wife Adrienne were devastated by their loss and that the details were still unclear. He went on to state that thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

Suspension of Eric Bolling by Fox News

A Huffington Post report in August had said Bolling had sent unsolicited and inappropriate text messages and lewd images to female Fox colleagues.

However, Bolling denied the claims and launched a $50 million defamation lawsuit against the reporter who broke the story. At the time the anchor was suspended pending an internal Fox investigation. Bolling’s attorney, Michael J. Bowe said his client does not recall the inappropriate communications and that he would be vigorously pursuing legal remedies for false accusations made against him.