President Trump increased his threats against North Korea for their ballistic missile testing last week, saying he would unleash "fire and fury" on them [VIDEO]. His incendiary rhetoric has created more outrage throughout the world with many saying that his threats were out of line and irresponsible. Friday morning the President tweeted that the U.S. military was "locked and loaded" which he was asked about his action while he was on vacation in Bedminster, New Jersey.

War-of-words and missile threats

In his response to reporters, he said that what he said in his tweet was pretty obvious.

North Korea's regime has been making threats against other nations for decades whenever they themselves have felt threatened. Since Donald Trump took office, Kim Jong-un's regime has increased their ballistic missile testing alarming the world even more when they tested two Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles (ICBMs) which experts determined would be able reach the U.S. mainland.

After this, it was reported that the regime in fact was able to manufacture nuclear warheads and estimated to have 30 to 60 of them. They claim that they are already able to put those warheads at the end of those ICBMS and in the same week of their war-of-words, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) have threatened to launch missiles towards Guam [VIDEO].

Real military action

President Trump also said that his message to North Korea was only criticized because he was the one making the threat.

Top Videos of the Day

He said that if anyone else had done the same that they would be praised. Trump also said that if the regime made anymore threats, that the DPRK would regret it. The President had already made a similar statement at the beginning of the week which had to be clarified by the Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis. Mattis appeared to repeat the same tone of aggression that the President had used but he said that the U.S. would only attack if North Korea did and not just because they had made threats.

Despite the rhetoric, there's the view that neither side will make good on their promises to strike. One of the President's threats [VIDEO] was that they would renovate America's nuclear arsenal which he directed Mattis to do. But according to the U.S. Department of Defense, the final report will not be completed until the end of the year. In the meantime the view has been that rather than attacks, the U.S. has been more focused on deterance rather than war.

President Trump's stance on other countries continued with other threats when he also made moves to threaten Venezuela with military action.

He's already told China that if they did not rein in Pyongyang that the U.S. would go it alone. Earlier in the year, Trump sent a strike group to travel to North Korean waters where he they traded threats again. Despite the recent threats, there is no indication that the military have positioned themselves to prepare for war. This is likely because Guam and South Korea have always been preparing.