This mother of two experienced every person's nightmare when she first took a sip of her go-to drink. After getting a repulsive taste in her mouth, this New York resident poured her Vita Coco coconut water into the sink and noticed its yellow coloring. Little did she know what she would find when she delved a bit deeper. The odd color clued her in that something was wrong, so she shook the bottle and heard something moving around. When she broke it open and saw what was inside, she posted a photo of it Facebook in absolute outrage, as she found a disgusting squid or octopus-like sea critter.

Many individuals have been trying to guess just what the creature was since the post has gone viral on social media.

Mass disappointment in the brand

As an avid drinker of Vita Coco, Barbara Kline says that she will never drink it again. She experienced sickness and diarrhea from swallowing a piece of this unidentified creature, and is completely turned off by the brand. She is deeply saddened by this event, because it was her favorite beverage.

Kline's course of action

Because she no longer trusts Vita Coco as a company, Kline says that she has tried reaching out to the FDA, but has been unable to get in contact with the correct individual. She doesn't want this happen to anyone else and she is rightfully adamant that something needs to be done about this atrocity.

She knows that there can be manufacturing or processing issues, but that this instance is much more than a simple mistake.

Vita Coco has attempted to intervene over the past two weeks in order to get the specimen tested, but Kline has been reluctant to release it to them because she doesn't think that their findings will be accurate or truthful.

Representatives of the company don't understand why she wants to continue to hold onto this gross mass, but despite her hesitancy, they want to assist her in this very trying situation.

Although it is on the rarer side, absurd incidents do happen, and there are many precautions consumers can put in place to prevent food-borne and drink-related illnesses.

Don't miss our page on Facebook!