An Oregon man entered the Harvest Market Thriftway in Estacada on Sunday afternoon, acting just like he was a normal shopper. However, the blood-soaked man reportedly had a knife in one hand and the severed head of a woman in his other hand. After leaving his car running outside the Grocery Store, the man walked into the store, immediately stabbing one of the employees.

Co-workers in grocery store tackle Oregon man, call 911

After dialing 911, co-workers tackled the blood-spattered Oregon man to the ground. When police arrived on the scene, the Stabbing victim was taken by helicopter to a hospital in Portland, around 25 miles away.

There is no information as yet as to the extent of the employee’s injuries from the stabbing or his or her current condition.

As reported by Oregon Live, Clackamas County Sheriff’s deputies along with Sandy Police responded to the call and arrived at the scene of the stabbing incident at 2:14 p.m., finding the man standing with what appeared to be a Human Head in his hand. The man was arrested and then taken to a hospital for evaluation.

Second 911 call alerts police to dead woman in Colton

Some twenty minutes after the initial 911 call, another call came in to report the presence of a deceased woman in a residence on Ellwood Road, Colton, some 20 miles away from the scene of the stabbing. Officers with the Oregon State Police and Molalla Police responded to that call, finding the woman dead.

Officials believe that the dead woman is connected to the stabbing at the grocery store and according to the New York Daily News, she could be the initial victim in the brutal crime. So far neither victims, nor the suspect, have been named by police. There was no confirmation by police of whether the human head seen at the Estacada grocery store belonged to that victim.

Another stabbing incident occurred on Friday

According to a report by KATU2, officials are also investigating another stabbing incident which occurred outside a bar in Hazel Dell on Friday night, leaving one victim in hospital. So far there is no indication that the crimes are related.

Kristin Courtain was a witness to the aftermath of the stabbing at the grocery store and reportedly told KOIN-TV that there was a traffic jam after panicked shoppers rushed out of the building, trying to leave the parking lot.

Courtain said she hopes the suspect gets the help he so obviously needs.

At present there are no further details relating to either the Estacada incident or the Colton homicide. However, the Estacada Fire Department has reportedly made chaplains available to anyone who was involved in, or present at, the incident in the Harvest Market Thriftway in Estacada.