Reportedly a hoverboard that was in the process of being recharged caused the blaze that destroyed a Harrisburg, Pennsylvania home on Friday night and badly injured three children. After the fire, the children were immediately airlifted to Lehigh Valley Hospital. As reported by ABC7 Chicago, Ashanti hughes, 3, died on Saturday from complications with her burns, and her two sisters are reportedly still in a critical condition. According to Lehigh County Coroner, Ashanti’s death has been ruled an accident. Reportedly an adult male and a teenage boy were taken to the Penn State Hershey Medical Center for treatment after the fire, but both were released by Saturday.

Recharging hoverboard caused the fire which killed Ashanti

Reportedly the fire broke out at around 7:45 p.m. on Friday night. According to Harrisburg Fire Chief, Brian Enterline, the family said they heard crackling and sizzling sounds coming from the hoverboard, shortly before it suddenly exploded into flames. As reported by the Washington Post, fire officials in Harrisburg also said one victim had to jump from the second-floor roof to escape the fire, while three others were rescued using a ladder. Enterline said the fire has been ruled accidental and that hoverboards are well known for starting fires. He added that the fire department has experienced too many fires and fatalities, caused by the popular hoverboards.

Harrisburg firefighter tragically killed while responding to the fire

Enterline said one of the firefighters, who were responding to the Harrisburg fire, died after his vehicle was T-boned by another vehicle, while traveling to the station to collect his gear.

According to Pennlive, the driver of the vehicle, Khanyae Kendall, 19, was arrested at the scene and has been charged with aggravated assault and driving under the influence, among other charges. Enterline said Lt. Dennis DeVoe was a leader in the fire department and fire service as a whole and that his passion for his work made all of them strive to be better.

Don't miss our page on Facebook!