One of the most exciting film news to arrive this year is the announcement of the "Hellboy" reboot, which puts "Stranger Things" star David Harbour in the titular role. The reboot is still the brainchild of creator Mike Mignola, who was also behind the 2004 and 2008 films by famed director Guillermo Del Toro.

The previous two films launched the franchise with Ron Perlman spearheading as the main character and was expected to serve up a third film, which never came about due to scheduling conflicts and lack of funding.

Now that Mignola has decided to push forward with a reboot, fans are curious to see how both Perlman and Del Toro reacted to the news. Those who are assuming that there's drama will be disappointed to know that there isn't any bad blood between Mignola and Perlman and Del Toro.

Hellboy's reunion with David Harbour and Ron Perlman

Recently, actor Patton Oswalt hosted a dinner with the "Hellboy" reboot star David Harbour and the originator of the role, Ron Perlman.

Perlman took to social media to share a photo of the three of them, calling it a "detente dinner" that caused him to gain 3 lbs and "ruined my liver."

Gauging from his post, the dinner was a success, as he even had a message for Harbour: "Good luck kid! Signed, the Babe," Perlman wrote. Oswalt shared the same photo, captioning it, "The summit dinner was a smashing success." This ended any speculation that there was bad blood between the old and new Hellboy.

Guillermo del Toro expresses support for the upcoming reboot

Ron Perlman isn't the only one to express his support for the "Hellboy" reboot, as director Guillermo del Toro, who recently sat down with The Hollywood Reporter, expressed his gratitude to Mike Mignola for giving him a chance to direct not one but two "Hellboy" films.

He said that Mignola is the "father of the character" and had every right to create a reboot He said, "If he wants to reboot it, it's perfectly fine.

I got to make two—that’s two more than I thought I would get to make." The 52-year old even added, "God speed and God bless."

Reboot begins production, David Harbour gets fitted for the role

"Stranger Things" star David Harbour, who is stepping up to play the titular character in the "Hellboy" reboot took to Instagram earlier this month to let his followers know that he's already getting fitted for Hellboy's signature "Right Hand of Doom."

According to Screenrant, the upcoming reboot is set to begin filming this year, making this a busy one for Harbour, who's also recently concluded filming the sophomore season of "Stranger Things," which is slated to arrive on October 31.

Don't miss our page on Facebook!
Click to read more