The NYC Subway has been in the news far too often recently for reasons opposite its purpose, which is to provide passengers a form of transportation safely from point of departure to destination.

Nearly two-months ago a homeless woman went into a frenzy after a mother decided that she and her 18-month-old baby weren't going to sit next to her. The homeless passenger slashed the mother's face with an unknown object, which resulted in a cut from the top of her head to her left eye. Just a few weeks ago Gov. Andrew Cuomo declared a state of emergency due to concerns regarding the well-being of the current system.

Altercation turns heated

Back in December 2012, then homeless Naeema Davis shoved 58-year-old Ki-Suck Han onto the subway tracks, following an altercation between the two men. According to NBC New York, Davis said the 58-year-old was belligerently intoxicated, screaming obscenities at him after the two apparently bumped into each other, causing Han to begin yelling, "I'll kill you."

Han then followed Davis down the stairwell to the platform, where Han grabbed his shoulder and threatened Davis's life. Davis made it clear that Han was staggering and slurring his speech. Davis reacted by telling Han "I don't know you, you don't know me!"

The entire incident was caught on video, courtesy of a bystander, which showed Davis telling Han to leave him alone.

As noted by Fox News, the court papers stated that Han tried to grab Davis, which resulted in Davis pushing him away. Next, Davis described Han falling "head first onto the tracks and rolling like a bowling ball."

Manslaughter, negligent homicide and murder were the charges brought forth by the prosecution, who argued Davis showed a "depraved indifference" to Han's life.

Debates arise questioning ethics and journalism.

The day this tragedy took place, not one nearby bystander attempted to help Han from the tracks. In fact, a tabloid news photographer captured the entire scene with his camera but failed to lend a hand. A photograph of Han's death by an oncoming train was splattered across a newspaper front page, according to Fox News.

The tabloid news photographer said that while taking photos he was also attempting to alert the train operator by flashing his camera. Han was on the tracks for over a minute before the train arrived.

Davis admitted looking on as Han hopelessly tried to get up off the tracks before the train hit him, but he "freaked" and fled.

On Tuesday, Naeema Davis was acquitted of all charges.