Back in November 2012, 13-year-old Dylan Redwine disappeared during a court-ordered visit with his father. As reported by Fox News, Dylan was last seen on November 18, 2012, in Vallecito, CO, which is 215 miles southwest of Denver. It wasn't until June 13, seven months later, that some of his remains were found around 10 miles from Mark Redwine's home. A few years later, on November 15, his skull was found by hikers that were in the area.

After some of the child's remains were found the second time, Mark Redwine was named as a person of interest.

Just last year Dylan's mother, Elaine Redwine, filed a wrongful death lawsuit, but the judge tossed it out because she failed to file it within a specified timeline and waited until the statute of limitations had lapsed.

From what was left of Dylan, forensic anthropologists were able to locate two areas where he'd experienced injuries like blunt force trauma. They had also found small blotches of Dylan's blood in several locations in Mark Redwine's living room, followed by proof that a body had been in the back of his father's truck during a search in February 2014, all of which were noted in the indictment.

Possible motivation

According to the indictment, Dylan had been in the middle of an extremely unpleasant custody battle between his father Mark and his mother Elaine.

Surveillance cameras showed very minimal interaction between Dylan and his father at the airport after Dylan's flight touched down.

Dylan had requested to stay the night with one of his friends upon arrival, but his father denied the request. Witnesses said, according to ABC News, that on Dylan's previous trip there, he and his father had bickered at one another and fought the entire time.

Therefore, Dylan had very little desire to go see his father on this particular occasion.

Apparently, Mark Redwine had been furious over some contentious photographs Dylan had caught a glimpse of. Dylan had planned to confront his father concerning the photos. Unfortunately, the nature of those pictures was not exposed in the indictment.

Dylan was dearly loved and well respected by those who knew him. When asked about her ex-husband's arrest, Dylan's mother Elaine said, 'I'd rather have my Son.'

This past Saturday, Mark Redwine was arrested in Bellingham, WA for second degree murder and child abuse, which resulted in the death of his own son, Dylan. He is currently being held on a $1,000,000 cash-only bond. He has continuously denied any involvement in his son's death.