It all started with a high-speed chase on Interstate 30 in Fort Worth, Texas at around 1 p.m. Friday afternoon. Police were attempting to stop what was believed to be a stolen 18-wheeler truck when a news helicopter hovered overhead, catching the action. As the noise of the helicopter interfered in the standoff between police and the truck, a tweet was sent, telling them to back off. It worked.

High-speed chase on I-30 in Fort Worth, Texas

As reported by Fox 4, police were attempting to pull over the 18-wheeler, which was driving at high-speed near Beach Street at around 1 p.m.

Friday. They were unsuccessful in their attempts to get the driver to pull over and stop. Fort Worth police then chased the vehicle – traveling at speeds of up to 100 mph – along Interstate 30. Along its erratic high-speed journey, the truck hit or sideswiped several vehicles.

The truck’s wild journey ended in a fiery crash with a car, close to Cooper Street, with part of the truck’s load on fire. The vehicle hit by the truck was also ablaze, but the driver managed to escape with non-life-threatening injuries.

At that stage, police officers approached the truck with guns drawn and SWAT vehicles arrived on the scene, while the driver of the stolen truck barricaded himself in the cab.

News helicopter arrives and hovers over the scene

As reported by the New York Post, it was at this moment that a news helicopter flew in and hovered directly overhead, catching the live action as it happened.

According to Fort Worth police, the noise of the helicopter was interfering in their standoff situation, so they headed to Twitter to ask the news station’s pilot to move away.

While other Twitter users speculated which news station was at fault, the message finally got through, with police sending the second tweet six minutes later to thank the “chopper” for moving.

Judging by various tweeted images, it looks like Fox 4 was the culprit.

Driver of stolen truck taken into custody by SWAT team

According to police, the driver was “acting erratically,” and they had to keep him under close observation via a remote-controlled camera. Having established the suspect had no weapon, the SWAT team then moved in, pulling the driver out of the truck. 35-year-old Jose Luis Cano Olivas was arrested at around 3:30 p.m., two-and-a-half hours after the chase began and was taken to a local hospital.

According to medical officials, eight to 12 people, who were in the vehicles struck by the truck during the high-speed chase, were treated, but none received serious injuries in the incident.