Well, Hell's Bells! I woke up yesterday to find the two top candidates for President of the United States included one under FBI investigation, the other a reality star. Ain't that a kick in the head?
As I follow the campaign, two reasons stand out for why people are pulling for these candidates:
- "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" (Network)
- "There is a special place in hell for women who do not help other women." Madeline Albright
The anger of the populace is understandable. American citizens are tired of the same old empty promises. I am not writing this to stir debate but to let both parties know what one citizen wants for her President and her country.
Stop the Presidential sideshow and talk to us like you’re serious about becoming President. Calling another person a "liar" does nothing for your credibility.
Fire your campaign team. You've lost control of your message. Bombarding us with non-stop negative ads, or Robocalls will not get you into the Oval Office.
Donald, wash your mouth out with soap. Vulgarities are unbecoming to a Presidential candidate. If you want the Oval, act like it. I know you're wealthy; I do not care. I want to know how you plan to turn this country around. Demonstrate your business acumen by outlining specific policies. Don't tell me you're a good negotiator. I believe you but how will you negotiate with a dysfunctional Congress? I do not need you play nice with Putin or stay neutral to Israel. I need to know you have the backs of our allies and, when necessary, kick ass and take names. "We'll make America great again" is not a plan, it's a slogan.
Hilary, you do not deserve the Presidency because you're a woman, the wife of a former President or because it’s your turn. Your gender has no pull with me. In fact, I'm insulted you think we owe you our vote. Women are smarter than that. Besides, you have some explaining to do.The FBI ain't going away. Women want a President who will keep our families safe, not one who carelessly and for convenience gives state secrets away. Others in similar situations have paid a price.You are not above the law. Also, stop pandering to minorities for votes. With a net worth of $45 million, don't pretend you can identify with the middle class or poor. You're not fooling anyone.
To the remaining candidates: unless you’re one of the top three, time to go. Stop confusing the process; it is your ego talking, not the people. Focus on the one you need to beat in the general election and it ain't your own party. Stop making mountains out of molehills. People grow and change their mind. I care about your position now, and as long as your actions match your words, I am good.
Our country is in trouble
I cannot speak for everyone, but I can speak for myself. Here's what I want:
- A united country and government that is prospering and respected around the world.
- A government that upholds the laws universally. No exceptions.
- A Congress that does its job and members who live by the same rules as their constituents.
- To see dignity return to the Oval Office. If I wanted a comedian for President, I'd vote for Dennis Miller.
- A Supreme Court that functions within its boundaries.
- A President who acts presidential, believes in the Constitution, less government, and the freedoms outlined by the founding fathers.
- A President who tells the American people hard truths and believes responsibility goes hand in hand with accountability.
- A President that takes the security of our nation seriously, can balance a budget, reduce debt, grow the economy, jobs, and eliminate waste.
- One who will put special interests and lobbyists in their place.