John Hunter Nemechek used a late race pass on Johnny Sauter to pick up the win at iowa. It’s the second win of the season and his first time getting back-to-back wins in the Camping World Truck series after winning at Gateway last week.

Nemechek began the day when he qualified in the fifth position for tonight’s race. He stayed around the top 10 area during the first stage and went on to finish seventh at the end of the first stage.

During stage two, Nemechek and the team continued working on the truck and he was able pass a few more trucks during the second stage.

By the time the second stage was over on lap 120, he finished in the fourth position.

The race came to a halt after an incident involving Kaz Grala and Austin Wayne Self left fluid on the track. NASCAR made the trucks stop on the front stretch while they cleared it. Afterward, the race resumed, with Nemechek in third position. With the laps winding down, Nemechek was losing ground to race leader Johnny Sauter and needed to catch up.

With 15 laps left, the caution came out after Matt Crafton hit the wall hard in turn three. When it came time to pit, Sauter stayed out while a couple of teams decided to take two tires. Nemechek and the rest of the field decided to take on four tires for the eight-lap shootout.

Nemechek restarted fourth and was the first driver to come out of pit road with the four new tires. He took full advantage of the fresh tires and make a power move on the inside heading into turn one over Sauter and Chase Brisoce with only six laps left. He never looked back and went on to win tonight

Nemechek was thankful the team put in the long hours to get the truck ready after it raced at Gateway last week.

KBM, Toyota streak ends.

Heading into Iowa Speedway, Kyle Busch Motorsports had taken the checkered flag at Iowa over the last three years. With Erik Jones winning in 2014 and 2015 and William Byron winning last year, the organization was hoping one of their drivers, consisting of Noah Gragson, Chrisopher Bell, and Harrison Burton would continue the streak tonight.

The day started off well for KBM as driver Noah Gragson got his first career truck pole while his teammate Christopher Bell started in the second position. When the race began, Gragson jumped out to the early lead and led for 19 laps.

However, on lap 20, Bell passed his teammate and lead until the end of stage one on lap 60. Gragson finished second and Burton finished twelfth.

Bell continued to hold the lead until a caution came out on lap 107 after a truck spun out on the track. When the field decided to pit for new tires, Bell stayed out on old tires. However, the old tires were enough as on lap 117, he lost the lead to Sauter. He lost two more positions and finished fourth at the end of stage two.

Gragson finished fifth and Burton finished eleventh.

Final push to victory

Heading into the final stage, the track conditions were changing and Bell’s truck wasn’t the same anymore. Both Bell and Gragson were not able to challenge for the lead at the end. Bell ended the night finishing in fifth position while Gragson finished sixth. Burton made some last lap contact.

The finishes tonight ended KBM’s and Toyota’s three-year winning streak.