Tonight is the night for two of the oldest franchises in Major League Baseball: the Cleveland Indians and the Chicago Cubs. The World Series Championship is on the line Wednesday night as the cities of Chicago, Illinois, and Cleveland Ohio, are on the edge of their seats, hope and praying for that World Series ring. The Cleveland Indians have not had much luck on their side in the past 68 years. It was 1948, the year that the Cleveland Indians won a World Series Championship.

Cubs haven't won since 1907 - Or is it 1908? Both!

Since that time, the team on Lake Erie has been to the World Series three other times and lost in 1954, 1995 and 1997 to no avail.

For the Chicago Cubs, the situation is dire, having not won a World Series since 1908. That was a fun time too, a really fun time because the win in 1908 was a back-to-back title, having also won the World Series in 1907.

The question on the mind of Chicago Cubs fans: Has the curse ofbar ownerBilly Sianis, the so-called "Billy Goat curse" been finally lifted. Or the “Black Cat" and the "Steve Bartman" interference finally gone.

Cleveland lost to Chicago in a romp in Game 6, in spite of the fact thatEddie Robinson - the last living member of the 1948Cleveland championship team - was in attendance, along withLeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers, who brought home the NBA championship this past June, just some 135 days ago or so.

It wasn't meant to be for Cleveland in Game 6.

Cubs fought back from a 3-1 deficit and are now tied

The Chicago Cubs, on the other hand, have come a long way. They were down by a 3-1 deficit and now have tied the series by winning Games 5 and 6. On the bright side for the Cleveland Indians should they lose is their drought would have to extend another 39 years to catch the Cubs, or the year 2055 give or take a few years.

They would go a long way toward being the "Lovable Losers" too.

For those interested in the odds, Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight.comhas the Cubs losing to the Indians. The political prognosticator has the Cubs with a 46 percent chance of winning, with the Indians a 54 percent chance of winning.

Cleveland Indian ace pitcher Corey Kluber will be on the mound and stake his claim for Most Valuable Player honors with athird win in the World Series.

Then there is for the Cubs theERA leader in Major League Baseball, Kyle Hendricks. It wasHendricks that got them here, with the clinching win over the LA Dodgers in the NLCS, in allowing only two hits in 7 and 1/3 scoreless innings. It should be something.

Follow the page MLB
Follow
Don't miss our page on Facebook!