"Bachelor in Paradise" cast member Corinne Olympios comes out to defend herself amid the scandal surrounding the reality dating series. She claims she is a victim, and she could not remember everything that happened.

Corinne seeks help from professionals

Corinne said in a statement, per CNNMoney, "I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4." She added that she barely remembers that night, but she presumes something really bad took place, resulting in the suspension of "Bachelor in Paradise" production.

The "Bachelor in Paradise" star did not provide details on how she is considered a victim of the circumstance.

"As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality," Corinne said.

Olympios is still gathering information and facts about what really took place and is seeking the help of professionals. She reveals plans to hire a lawyer to seek justice. She will also undergo therapy to deal with the physical and emotional trauma.

According to reports, the cast and crew were filming in Mexico and the stars had been drinking all day. Olympios reportedly approached co-star DeMario Jackson on the pool, they started talking and joking, and things escalated quickly. They allegedly got too raunchy, and a producer later filed a complaint on "misconduct." The production continued for another two days before it was halted, and the cast members had been sent home.

When Jackson was seen for the first time since the news broke, he declined to comment on the incident. He told ET, "I have nothing to say. You know, Corinne's an awesome girl and that's all I have to say."

"Bachelor in Paradise" likely to be canceled

Warner Bros. Television said it is conducting a thorough investigation into the alleged misconduct. Once completed, it would decide on the future of "Bachelor in Paradise." However, there is big chance that the show would not air given the controversy surrounding it.

Variety said the cancellation is imminent as "Paradise" faces a serious legal matter. The fact that the network shut down the production suggests that something grave really happened.

The investigation could also take one to two weeks to complete. By that time, there would not be enough time for production to meet the scheduled premiere on August 8.

"Bachelor in Paradise" features former cast members of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette."

Follow the page The Bachelor
Follow
Don't miss our page on Facebook!