#Rebecca Burger was having a normal day when an unfortunate incident took place at her residence in France on June 18. According to her family's statement, the Instagram model and blogger died when her #Whipped Cream dispenser exploded and hit her in the chest. She was 33.

'Defective devices'

Her family took to Rebecca Burger's Instagram account to share a photo of a device similar to the one that killed the fitness blogger and model, and warned the followers not to purchase these "defective devices." They added that the actual whipped cream dispenser has been put under seal for the investigation. The bereaved kin ended their statement with a notice that thousands of these "defective devices" are still available for purchase.

Advertisements
Advertisements

"It is with great sadness we announce the death of Rebecca who died the June 18th, 2017 in an accident in the home." The grieving family wrote in a separate post on Rebecca Burger's Instagram account that the #French model was struck in the thorax when the whipped cream dispenser exploded after she tried to open it.

Rebecca died after she was rushed to hospital.

BBC reported that the French model was rushed to the hospital and was given immediate medical attention before she died of cardiac arrest. Rebecca Burger's tragic death has saddened her 165,000 Instagram followers who were quick to send their condolences to the bereaved family.

"I'm terribly sorry to hear this. A beautiful girl left us doing something she loved. Rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers are with her family friends and fans," a follower wrote.

Advertisements

Faulty connectors

A French group, called 60 Million Consumers, has been warning its readers over these "faulty connectors on the gas capsules" inserted inside a whipped cream dispenser which can cause the device to explode. They said that the injuries caused by these incidents range from "broken teeth and tinnitus to multiple fractures, and, in one case, the loss of an eye."

The group added that the recent incident, which has taken the life of Rebecca Burger, is "unacceptable" as the danger of these devices has been known for years now. The consumer group is also bothered by the fact that a lot of people are still using these devices popularized by lifestyle TV programs.

They stated that about 15 companies have placed defective products on the market between 2009 and 2013. There have been a number of complaints about exploding whipped cream dispensers.