Advertisements
Advertisements

Earlier this week it was revealed that Donald Trump has been telling people that the infamous "#Access Hollywood" tape was not authentic. In response, the show fired back to set the record straight [VIDEO].

"Access Hollywood" on Trump

With a month left before voters went to the polls on Election Day last year, Donald Trump was facing an uphill battle as he was trailing Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton in nearly all the polling. To make matter worse, the "Access Hollywood" tape was made public and caused even more trouble for the former host of "The Apprentice." On the tape, audio of Trump speaking with then host Billy Bush was recorded where he gloated about being able to use his fame and fortune to touch women at will, stating, "when you're famous, they let you do it." Not stopping there, Trump went on to describe his lust for a married woman but admitted he wasn't able to able to seal the deal, saying, "I moved on her like a bi*ch, but I couldn't get there.

Advertisements

And she was married." In the aftermath of the tape's release, Trump was forced to apologize in a video statement, then faced allegations of sexual assault and harassment by a dozen women over the next four weeks.

Despite the negative press, Trump was able to shock the world with an upset victory over Hillary Clinton. Fast forward to present day and Trump has recently come out in support of Republican Senate candidate in Alabama, Roy Moore, who has been accused of sexually assaulting underage girls. In addition, reports have circulated and revealed that Trump is now denying that it was actually his voice on the aforementioned tape. As reported by the Hill on November 27, "Access Hollywood" is speaking out.

During Monday's edition of "Access Hollywood," host #Natalie Morales covered the story [VIDEO], including Donald Trump's alleged denial of the tape's validity.

Advertisements

"We wanted to clear something up that has been reported across the media landscape," Morales said. "Let us make this perfectly clear. The tape is very real," she added.

Double down

Not stopping there, Natalie Morales cited Donald Trump's initial apology for the video while doubling down. "Remember his excuse at the time was 'locker-room talk,'" she noted, before adding, "He said every one of those words." As of press time, the commander in chief has not given a public comment on the issue, while White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders deflected from the issue during Monday's press briefing. #Election 2016