The incident happened at shortly before 11 p.m. on Saturday as former “#Real Housewives of New Jersey” actress 45-year-old #Dina Manzo and her boyfriend, David Cantin, 37, returned to their Holmdel townhouse. On entering the home, they were attacked by two assailants, already inside the home.

Two assailants attack ‘Real Housewives of New Jersey’ star and her boyfriend

According to a news release from the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office, after the former RHONJ star and her boyfriend entered the townhouse, one of the suspects hit Cantin multiple times with a baseball bat, while the other assailant punched Manzo several times.

Advertisements
Advertisements

The robbers – whose faces were covered – then tied up the couple before making off with jewelry and cash they had found in the home.

The news release continued by saying Cantin had been able to free himself and had dialed 911. Shortly afterward Holmdel detectives and police officers arrived at the scene.

The prosecutor’ office said that both parties were taken to a nearby hospital. Cantin reportedly had “significant” injuries to his face, which included a broken nose, while Manzo had also suffered facial injuries. Both were given medical treatment and then sent home. Police investigations into the crime are ongoing as officials try to identify the suspects in the #Home Invasion.

Advertisements

People reports that Manzo and Cantin began dating back in 2015. CBS Local notes that Cantin is a wealthy person who reportedly owns a car dealership. The couple had that evening attended a First Communion party thrown by another former “Real Housewives of New Jersey” star, Teresa Giudice, for her daughter, seven-year-old Audriana.

Neighbors shook up over home invasion

CBS quotes one of the couple’s neighbors, Keith Finger, as saying one of his sons came home late and heard something crazy going on next door. Another neighbor, June Jin, told CBS that Cantin sometimes stays in the townhouse on weekends. She added that he is “very nice,” and said she believes the

She added that he is “very nice,” and said she believes the townhouse was targeted because it always looks like no one is at home. Jin said the light on the home is always on, even during the day. Yet another neighbor, Santa Ortiz, told the news channel that she is scared now because she has a little girl.

Incident has shaken the former RHONJ star and boyfriend

Both People and CBS reached out to Cantin and Manzo but received no comment on the incident.

Advertisements

However, the couple’s attorney, Andrew B. Brettler, told People that the reality star and her boyfriend are both shaken up by the “traumatic and violent” home invasion.

Brettler continued by saying that no one should have to go through what his client went through. He added that the couple is grateful to police officers and other emergency responders for their help following the incident.