When a #White House address about the Jewish holocaust was made for International #holocaust remembrance day, many noticed a tactic used which is considered a form of Jewish holocaust denial and that is to leave the Jews out as the people who suffered most. The White House address was formal enough to be considered one and thus, a way to control just what their view of the Jewish holocaust is. Many were offended that the official White House statement left out any mention of Jewish victims but likely for plenty of people, it was forgivable as a fumble with little evidence to show that it was intentional.

White House blocked Jewish address from State Department

Following Trump's executive order to ban Muslims from entering the country, his determination to wall off the border with Mexico and the offensive gesture that followed African-Americans to honor himself over civil rights leaders for Black History Month, a report by "Politico" seems to finally confirm the administration's anti-Semitism by showing that they intentionally blocked an address from the #State Department, which mentioned Jewish victims for and on that day.

Advertisements
Advertisements

The article says that the State Department had drafted their own address to present but that Trump's White House blocked it. It is the view that this adds “another dimension” to the initial controversy, as it confirms that there was no mistake at all.

It's noted in the article that the State Department has a Special Envoy on Holocaust Issues who prepares these statements. It further points out that a White House official denied that there was any ill-intent, saying that the White House had already issued its own address by the time they learned the State Department had one. The official says that the Department's version came after 7 PM and according to the source, it didn't matter because they had not asked the State Department to craft their own address.

Advertisements

This continues to confirm the intentions from the White House to control the statement.

Controlling holocaust narrative

But the State Department denies this, saying that they had drafted their address about the Jewish holocaust under the impression that the White House was going to use it. Further confirmation as to the administration's effort to control the message is noted in the article which says that Politico tried to reach out to the State Department envoy but were referred to a spokeswoman who referred them back to the White House. This is not surprising, given the major shakeup that has taken place in the State Department since January 27, where many top management officials were fired.

One report by CNN published on International Holocaust Remembrance Day says that the removal of upper management officials leaves a huge hole at the State Department which would further suggest that they were powerless against the White House.

Advertisements

When Reince Priebus was on "Meet The Press" in the weekend that followed, he seemed to reach the end of his patience when he was questioned by Chuck Todd, about the omission of Jewish victims from their address. Toward the end of their interview, Chuck Todd took a quote from a conservative column writer who wrote about how the holocaust was specifically about Jewish extermination and by applying universal suffering diminished the significance of the event for those who suffered.

To this, Reince Priebus was hardly combative as he usually is on the program and he took on a more somber tone. He was suspiciously restrained and intentionally vague saying that they did not regret their address and would only admit that the Jews suffered greatly, but left enough room for the White House's statement on the Jewish holocaust to remain, the official one. It's also been reported that neo-Nazis and white supremacist sites like, Storm Front, applauded the official White House address for International Holocaust Remembrance Day, which stands without redaction or replaced with a new statement which still leaves out Jewish victims of the holocaust.