A five-year-old boy found his parents unconscious early on Thursday morning. Panicking, little Aidan ran to his grandfather’s house in Middleton, Ohio to get help. According to CNN, the boy told his grandfather, Kenny Currey, that his parents were dead. Currey ran back to the house with the little boy and was scared half to death when he found his stepdaughter and her partner, Chelsie Marshall and Lee Johnson, lying unconscious from a #Heroin Overdose.

Police find parents unconscious and baby sister crying in the home

WCPO Cincinnati reported that Middleton police were called to the home, where they found the Marshall and Johnson unconscious.

Advertisements
Advertisements

The little boy’s three-month-old sister was sitting in a car seat, crying. The police department posted on Facebook to say the five-year-old was a hero for saving three lives that day, adding that the parents were supposed to be the three-month-old baby’s guardian and to look after her.

Parents revived from heroin overdose and placed under arrest

One dose of Narcan – a medication used to reverse opioid overdoses – was enough to revive the father, but according to the police report, the mother had seven doses and was then transported to Atrium Medical Center as she had still not regained consciousness. Doctors managed to eventually revive the mother and she and the father were taken to Middletown City Jail. Both Marshall and Johnson were charged with heroin possession, child endangerment and disorderly conduct, according to police.

Advertisements

The two children are now in the care of their grandmother. After the incident, Aidan and his little sister were taken to the police station, where the five-year-old received a badge for his bravery in saving his parents and baby sister. As for Marshall and Johnson, they are in jail on a $50,000 cash bond.

Ohio fighting an endless battle with heroin

As reported by CNN, Ohio is one among many states currently fighting a heroin epidemic. A coroner’s office in the state earlier this year reported they were running out of space to store bodies due to the large number of deaths from drug overdoses. They also noted that last year police in East Liverpool released a photo of two adults, passed out in the front seats of a car from a heroin overdose, while their four-year-old child was strapped in the back.

Blasting News reported the recent accidental overdose of an Ohio police officer, who had patted down a suspect with another opioid drug, fentanyl, on his clothing. The officer later brushed some white powder off his shirt, which also turned out to be fentanyl from the drugs bust, causing him to overdose.

There was also the story of the Ohio man who dialed 911 to request a police dog to search for the heroin his girlfriend had stolen from him. #five year old #Middleton Ohio